Saturday, August 16, 2008

Looking a Chinese Gymnast in the Mouth

The controversy about the age of some of the Chinese woman's gymnasts appears to be going nowhere fast. I first heard about the questions regarding the youthful appearance of the Chinese gymnasts while watching the preliminaries, specifically just before the one who looks the youngest to me smiled. That was all I needed to see.

I'm not a dentist (nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night); however, I am the parent of a 10 year-old child who has EXACTLY the same gap in his teeth. According to our dentist, our child's a bit early; the age is usually 11.

Certainly there are other ways the young gymnast could have lost her teeth, due to an accident or dental work, for example. Could a qualified dentist tell the difference? My guess is yes. My guess is also there's no way any of this will make one iota of difference.

There won't be looking any Chinese gymnast in the mouth any time soon. Their "gift" to the world of gymnastics has been accepted. This "gift" reminds me of the Big Lies my favourite narcissist would tell. Everyone involved knew they were lies, but for various reasons, usually fear, we all agreed to "believe" the lie and thereby not tip our precariously balanced life. So, the various governing bodies serve as enabler to the Chinese to provide them international narcissistic supply. Bully for them.

3 comments:

CZBZ said...

"Everyone involved knew they were lies, but for various reasons, usually fear, we all agreed to "believe" the lie and thereby not tip our precariously balanced life. So, the various governing bodies serve as enabler to the Chinese to provide them international narcissistic supply. Bully for them."


LOL!!! Great Comment!! I thought about the narcissism-parallels and wanted to make a comment on my blog; but figured I was too old to walk the balance beam without falling on me arse.

You wrote a very good message and thank you for speaking up.

Mental gymnastics avoiding a lie, do not good relationships with anyone make.

Hummmm...that last sentence kinda sounded like a fortune cookie. LOL

Hugs,
CZBZ

Cinder Ella said...

LOL! Thanks. Perhaps you could make a little money on the side writing for fortune cookies. ;)

CZBZ said...

hahaha! I had to laugh after posting that comment and wished I had an option to Edit Comments.

Hey, writing fortune cookies for narcissists might be an enjoyable occupation. Lesseee....something like:

"Your Bad Deeds have not gone Unnoticed."

"Fame and Fortune are NOT coming your way."

"You are an ordinary person."



Yea, that last fortune would send 'em reeling, for sure. ha!

Hugs,
CZ